Hey, welcome to my article.
I am very excited to share a very delicious and one of the popular dishes of Indian cuisine which is Palak Paneer. I know many of us must have tried different types of Palak Paneer recipes in our kitchen.
Likewise, I have also gone through the same phase in my kitchen. Moreover, I know it’ll make it easy for non cook people to try it once in their kitchen as well.
Therefore, I thought to share with you guys this delicious homemade recipe of Palak Paneer.
So, ready to go ahead, then let’s go!!
Palak Paneer is one of the best dishes of paneer which is smooth, creamy and comes with tasty spinach gravy.
It is a classic curried dish from North Indian cuisine made with fresh spinach, onions, spices, paneer and herbs.
Palak is a Hindi word for spinach and Paneer is “Indian cottage cheese”. Additionally, palak also includes nutrients like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, iron, folate, and potassium. It is full of fiber as well.
The conventional method of cooking palak is to blend the palak leaves to make the puree. This puree of palak leaves is later cooked with spices, onions and tomatoes until the thick curry is seen.
After that paneer is added in that sauce. For garnish purposes, you can add some cream on it which again gives a hot and tasty look to your palak paneer.
If needed you can also add milk for unique taste or flavor.
Check out the steps to make Palak paneer below
- For palak paneer recipe, you need 4 cups loosely measured or 2 cups packed ( 100 or 120 grams) palak leaves. Make sure you’re using fresh palak leaves to cook palak paneer. Avoid using large stems or stalks, especially from mature palak as it gives bitter flavor to your palak Moreover, wash it properly and drain the water completely.
- Add half tablespoon oil to a pan along with 1 – 2 chopped green chilies. I have not used red chili powder in the Therefore, it is suggested to use a good amount of green chilies to get that heated flavor in your palak paneer.
- Next, add palak and 8-10 cashew Then cook on medium flame until the palak wilts off completely. You’ll get this done within 2-3 minutes. Do not overcook the palak, as it cooks faster within a short period of time.
- Yes, now you can see that palak is cooked and raw flavor from the leaves has If still some palak is remaining then do the same process again without evaporating the palak.
- Now after cooking the You can blend it into a blender jar with ½ cup clean water for blending purpose.
- Blend these smooth palak to get the puree which is of green Further, it has to be thick and smooth. After this, you can keep this blending jar aside.
- Making a gravy – Heat the same pan with 1 tablespoon of butter and half tablespoon of oil. Add 2 whole cardamoms, one inch cinnamon, 2 cloves and ⅛ teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Add ¾ chopped onions or boiled onion paste. Choice is yours, both are the best options. Fry it until it turns golden, after that add 1 teaspoon of garlic paste into it. Cook it for 1 minutes to get a proper aroma of ginger garlic paste.
- After that you need to add fine chopped tomato or tomato puree and half teaspoon salt.
- When the tomato is cooked fully then add ½ teaspoon of garam masala. Cook it well until you get a good smell of masala.
- Add 3⁄4 cup water to cook it on medium heat to get the onion smoothly While cooking, make sure that onion tomato masala has to be thick and further you need to add 1 tablespoon of kasturi methi into it.
- When your gravy is cooked well it’s time to add the puree of palak which have blended After adding the puree of palak into the gravy, you need to cook it for 2 minutes. It is suggested not to cook for a longer time at this stage as it may affect the color and taste of gravy. Additionally, if you want thin gravy then you can add 1 or 2 medium sized cups of hot water to get the same. Don’t forget to add salt as per your taste while cooking.
- Next the most awaited ingredient is paneer 200g You need to add it into your palak gravy to complete the recipe, right!!
- Give it a fine stir to get tasty and delicious homemade palak You can turn off your stove. If you want to use cream then you can use it for garnish purposes. Else, in this recipe we have used the cashews which ultimately eliminates the use of cream in the palak paneer. I have also used the cream for garnishing the dish.
- Now, you can bring this mouth watering dish to your dining table to serve your family You can use naan, jeera rice, ghee rice or plain Paratha with palak paneer.
I hope you must have enjoyed cooking palak paneer that too with your hands in your kitchen with me, yes? Ok, then share your views in the comment box and share the same article in your reference as well.
Again, don’t forget to tell me which recipe you want to see on my blog/article. I will share that recipe soon.