WHAT IS RELAXATION?
As long as we listen the word “RELAXATION”,a reflex action starts in the body and our body starts to relax as the word ” RELAXATION” is very soothing to hear.Amidst of everyday hustle bustle of busy life we forget to relax. Relaxation is the entrance for a new experience. We go to saloon and parlour to relax ourselves. That is physical relaxation and temporary. True and complete relaxation comes through mind into our body. Eventually it relaxes our soul. Your body works well when your mind is active. And mind remains active when it is relaxed. Many talented and highly skilled people can’t perform well during performance they are tensed and anxious. Relaxation is a natural state of our being. Children are always relaxed and playful. They are out of the circle of anxiety, fear and stress but unfortunately they are conditioned to live in stress as they grow up. We receive things good or bad from our environment and this called OBSERVATIONAL LEARNING. Anxiety is an important construct psychologically but too much of it is really damaging.
STRESSORS OF OUR LIFE
I n this busy world today, so many stressors raise our anxiety level. Some of them are exam fear, lower confidence for facing interview, job pressure, earning stress, relationship problems, career making worries and many more. In this fast pace of life, everyone is running in a rat race. Too much of competition is getting on nerves. Everybody is facing these stressors which is making our life a burden. We all are wasting our life by making it a stressful routine. We have forgotten to enjoy.To come out of this situation for a while, RELAXATION is very important.
BENEFITS OF RELAXATION
I am enumerating some of the benefits of relaxation here.
- It controls your blood pressure
- It improves blood flow into the muscles which results in good digestion and reduces digestive problems.
- It improves your sleep quality.Better sleep means better mental health.
- It reduces your body pains.
- Also enhances your skin tone and glow.
- It helps you to reduce anger and agression.
EASY TECHNIQUES TO RELAX
I recommend here few techniques to relax
- Spend some time with yourself and if possible with nature alone. This is called INTROSPECTION TIME. Me time is very important for everyone. During introspection time we understand our weaknesses and strengths. We work on our personality and try to improve ourselves. We can solve our problems when we speak to ourselves.Then we get right answers.
- Spend time with kids and animals. They are are the purest form of being. Good chemicals are produced in our brain when we play with them.
- Write up your feelings when you are emotionally hurt and overwhelmed as vent out our emotions is important for good health.
- Go to gym and exercise .
- Maintain a LIFE BOOK where you can collect some significant incidents of your life in a chronological order. One day you will have your autobiography ready. You can became an author if you like so. By this way of relaxation practice you can do something productive.
- Practice MEDITATION. Meditation is a wonderful and life changing method of relaxtion.
CHANGES IN YOUR BODY WHEN YOU PRACTICE RELAXATION.
- Your breathing pattern changes.It slows down.
- Eyes become red.
- Brain waves starts changing from beta to alpha.
- You may have tingling in any body part.
- Change in your voice tone.
THERE ARE NUMEROUS RELAXATION THERAPIES
Like meditation #progressive relaxation #chanting therapy #aroma therapy #music therapy #prayer #visualization #deep breathing and many more.
PSYCHOLOGIST AND HYPNOTHERAPIST