Top 10 points of today’s video conference with 9 state CM today with PM Modi -Maintain do gags ki doori
In today’s video conference PM Modi met Chief Ministers of nine states which were Bihar, Odisha, Gujarat, Haryana, Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh, Meghalaya and Mizoram with the Union Territory of Puducherry. In this meeting, they discussed some pointers through which they will be saving their respective states with this pandemic situation of coronavirus. These points are –
1. “We have to give importance to the economy as well as continue the fight against COVID-19,” PM Modi told Chief Ministers.
2. The Prime Minister stressed on the need to follow the mantra of “do gagz doori (six feet apart)” and said masks would remain a part of our lives for times to come.
3. Economic activities are likely to reopen in orange and green districts, which have far fewer cases or none.
4. States, said the PM, must make efforts to covert red zones into orange and then into green zones.
5. Private cars may be allowed with restrictions but the ban on public transport is likely to continue.
6. Schools and colleges are likely to stay shut and the ban on religious meetings and congregations will also continue.
7. Five of nine Chief Ministers at the meeting said the lockdown should end, while the rest were in favour of extending it for the sake of controlling the spread of COVID-19
8. Among those who favoured continuing the lockdown was Meghalaya and Odisha.
9. “Green zones will be opened, relaxations in sectors have been agreed to but the mindset of lockdown will continue. We should get people ready with new norms like social distancing,” said Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad Sangma.
10. Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan skipped the meeting and sent the Chief Secretary to represent the state.