Biography of “Pankaj Tripathi”
Biography of Pankaj Tripathi : Pankaj Tripathi is an Indian actor who works predominantly in Bollywood. He is famous for his natural acting skills and so far. He has worked in more than 40 films and 60 television shows. The actor rose to fame with his supporting role in the film, “Gangs of Wasseypur,” in which he essayed the role of ‘Sultan.’ He is also more famous from Web series “Mirzapur”
Pankaj Tripathi Biography
- Pankaj Tripathi was born on 5 September 1976 in Belsand, a small town in Gopalganj district of Bihar, India. He did his schooling from D. P. H. School in Gopalganj. Tripathi was inclined towards acting right from his childhood, and merely at the age of 12, he started to perform as a ‘girl artist‘ at ‘Chhath Festivals’ in his village.
- Tripathi’s father wanted him to be a doctor and sent him to Patna for higher studies. While studying there, he joined ABVP and actively participated in college politics. He was an eloquent speaker. Pankaj was also good at sports and represented his college in High Jump and 100-meter-sprint. After completing his college education, he joined a course in Hotel Management and worked as a ‘cook’ for two years at Hotel Maurya.Later, the actor worked in theatre for several years before featuring into films
- Pankaj was born into a Hindu Family. His father, Pandit Banaras Tiwari is a farmer and a priest and mother, Hemwanti is a homemaker. He has 3 elder brothers and 2 elder sisters.He married Mridula on 15th January 2004 and they have a daughter.
- It was there in Patna that the actor got more attracted towards art. He started visiting various drama shows; asking them if he can act as well. In 1995, he performed a small role of a local thief in the play based on Bhism Sahni’s story of Leela Nandlal, which was directed by Vijay Kumar.His performance was highly appreciated by the audience and media alike. From thereon, he became a regular theatre artist and practised it for around 4 years.
- On 16 October 2004, Tripathi moved to Mumbai and did an uncredited role in the film ‘Run,’ starring Abhishek Bachchan and Vijay Raaz. He did verioussmall roles in films and television before playing a prominent role in TV drama titled “Gulal.”While shooting for Gulal, Pankaj received a call for an audition for Anurag Kashyap’s ‘Gangs of Wasseypur.’ The audition went on for about 8 hours, and he was offered a role of “Sultan.” His performance in the film was well praised by the audience and led him to receive more offers from several filmmakers. His works in Fukrey, Manjhi: The Mountain Man and Masaan were also well appreciated by the critics and audience.