The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will soon release new banknotes of Rs 20 denomination in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series, bearing signature of Governor Shaktikanta Das. The new denomination has the motif of the Ellora Caves on the reverse, depicting the country’s cultural heritage.
The apex bank said that the base colour of the note is greenish yellow. All the banknotes in the denomination of Rs 20 issued by the RBI in the earlier series will continue to be legal tender, it clarified.
The note has other designs, geometric patterns aligning with the overall colour scheme, both at the obverse and reverse. The dimension of the new Rs 20 note will be 63 mm x 129 mm, the statement said.
Here is an image and details of the new Rs 20 denomination banknote:
1. See through register with denominational numeral 20
2. Denominational numeral २० in Devnagari
3. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre
4. Micro letters ‘RBI’, ‘भारत ‘, ‘INDIA’ and ’20’
5. Windowed demetalised security thread with inscriptions ‘भारत’ and RBI
6. Guarantee Clause, Governor’s signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait
7. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right
8. Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (20) watermarks
9. Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side.
12. Language panel
13. Motif of Ellora Caves
14. Denominational numeral २० in Devnagari.
Dimension of the banknote will be 63 mm x 129 mm
What are your thoughts on this New Rs 20 Note issued by RBI? Let us know it in the comment section.