The UPSC Combined Medical Services Examination (CMS) 2021 is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission to fill the vacancies of Medical Officers in different departments. If the participants fail to meet the eligibility criteria, then the application form of the candidate will be rejected automatically. The UPSC CMS notification 2021 will be released on May 5, 2021. From the same date, the Combined Medical Services registration will be started. Before applying for the exam, the desired candidates should know about the UPSC CMS eligibility criteria.
UPSC CMS 2021 Highlights
- Exam Name: Combined Medical Services, CMS
- Exam Conducting Body: Union Public Service Commission, UPSC
- Type of Question: Objective Type (Multiple choice answers)
- CMS Exam Stage: 2 stages
- Exam Mode: Online Computer-based Exam & Personality Test
- Language: English Only
- The total no. of vacancies that have been notified by the UPSC for the CMS is 838.
- The following table shows the post wise vacancy distribution.
- Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Service – 349
- Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways – 300
- General Duty Medical Officer (GDMO) in New Delhi Municipal Council – 05
- General duty Medical Officer Gr-II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation and South Delhi Municipal Corporation – 184
- Total – 838 Posts
UPSC CMS 2021 Important Dates
- Starting Date to Apply Online: 07th July 2021
- Closing Date to Apply Online: 27th July 2021 till 6.00 P.M
- The online Applications can be withdrawn from: 03rd to 09th August 2021 till 6.00 PM
- Last Date for Payment of Fee (“Pay by cash” mode): 26th July 2021, 23.59 hrs
- Last Date for Fee Payment (Online Mode): 27th July 2021
- Date for Examination: 21st November 2021
- Declaration of Result: November/December 2021
UPSC CMS 2021 Eligibility: Educational Qualification
- MBBS students who have cleared their written and practical parts of the final examination.
- A candidate who has appeared or has yet to appear at the final M.B.B.S. Examination may also apply.